Pastor Joseph finds a lot of common ground in the story of Joseph other than their first names. Listen to pastor Joseph talk about the ‘new Joseph generation’ by clicking the play button below:
Pastor Joseph points out some characteristics of Joseph in the Bible and how they relate to the new Joseph generation:
1. Joseph came to take away the shame of his mother. Rachel was barren and unable to bear fruit until she have birth to Joseph. Spiritually, there are a lot of churches and ministries that are barren and without fruit. The new Joseph generation is a generation that can take away the shame of the church and of ministries all around, by being a fruitful generation.
2. After Joseph came Benjamin. The new Joseph generation comes to continue, to add and to move forward in the promises of God. A generation that will allow God to ‘add another son’.
3. Like Joseph, this generation will be big dreamers! Capable to dream and see visions (Genesis 37:5). People can put a stop to just about anything, but they can’t stop you from dreaming.
4. Joseph was given a high position is the house of Potifar, but he still wanted to remaine pure and holy. When the wife of Potifar wanted to sleep with him, Joseph ran away. The new Joseph generation is a generation that sanctifies themselves and is aware of the grace of God yet does not take advantage of it!
5. Joseph is a symbol, a type of Jesus. This generation will also be one of people that are longing to be Christ-like. A people that are longing to save others from famine (symbolically) and a generation that forgives.
Pastor Joseph was born in Congo and grew up during the war. A lot of people used to tell Joseph that Jesus loved him, but he always wondered: “Who is Jesus?!”. When Joseph got to know Jesus, he realized he couldn’t do anything without Him. This ultimate dependence on God led to an incredible manifestation of God in Joseph’s life with even seeing dead raised to life. Listen to pastor Joseph’s incredible story on Maasbach Radio this weekend, on the half hour.← BackNext →